The fact is that most children have a fear of exams
Examination fears can erode a student’s self-confidence and prevent them from expressing what they have learned. Some students learn all the material, but when they face the exam paper, some will forget everything they had learned. There is a feeling of darkness when looking at the question paper. Everything learned seemed to have been forgotten. There is nothing in sight. Everything is empty. There are some other children, who have excessive fear that they won’t be able to achieve the level expected or desired by their parents and teachers. As a result of having such fear in their mind, they are under pressure and are unable to write the exam well. There is another group of children who are constantly calling their friends and comparing how much they have learned. When seeing the lessons piled up like a mountain set aside, some lazy students get bored and tired of where to start. Some experts believe that they can study the day before the exam. They soon discover that learning isn’t simple. Children’s problems become apparent during exam times. In addition to this, they show a lack of enthusiasm for social interactions and an unwillingness to talk to others. They can overcome the fear of exams with a few solutions, and they can practice studying with more vigilance in the days ahead. Getting up early is important. However, don’t wake up too early. After completing the basic tasks, take some time to pray. Prayer may help students stress-free from exam fear.
Embrace the exam with joy
There is no surprise that some children who face a public exam might be anxious. How to make students stress-free from exam fears is the question. As a result of the outbreak, children miss school days as well. It is also true that some parents worry more than their children about the exam. If their parents are less anxious and less fearful, kids will be more confident when they take exams. Our kids are switching to offline classes after online classes. It is comforting to know that there have been more study days this year than last year. Each child is unique. Each child is different from the others. So it is impossible to generalize about all children. The difference between the children can be observed in their academic and artistic achievements. Considering this, not only children but also parents should avoid comparisons and unhealthy competition with others. Learning should be a priority for every child.
Remember, each child is unique
Children should try to get the highest possible grade or score, whether it is higher or lower than others. Every child may have certain topics he or she likes and others that he or she dislikes. In addition, some children do not understand certain subjects, regardless of how much they have learned. It’s natural that children will learn more about their favorite subjects, and have gained more knowledge about the subjects they enjoy. However, that is not enough. Other subjects or topics should be considered as well. Now it is time to decide which topics or lessons to consider the most based on the focus area. In light of this fact, a new timetable should be drawn up and efforts should be made to effectively change the rest of the study days.
The best time to study
There are some who question how many hours they should study each day, when to get up each morning, and when to start studying.
- Getting up in the morning is beneficial.
- On exam days, telling a late student to get up early and study can be problematic.
- Some children wake up when they are about to go to school.
- They take a shower, grab some food, and run to school.
- It is better for children who are so accustomed not to getting up too early.
- As a result of waking up so unusually, they may end up falling asleep at school.
- So let the child learn whenever he or she feels like it.
- Let the child study for as long as this interest lasts.
- Breathe deeply before you begin studying and concentrate your mind, body, and spirit.
- There are some children who enjoy studying in silence without any noise at night.
- Such students can sleep for a short time after leaving school during exam periods.
- After sleeping for one or two hours, they can take a shower and start studying again.
- Since they fall asleep at a late hour, those who study like this need to wake up late in the morning
- The importance of getting enough sleep for a child’s physical and mental health should not be forgotten.
- Additionally, sleep is crucial for intellectual development.
- We must not forget that getting enough sleep is essential for a child’s physical and mental health.
- In this way, children can be saved from exam fear to some extent.
Let’s check out where to study
Now let’s look at where students can sit and study.
- Everyone’s home isn’t the same.
- Home facilities are not the same for everyone.
- There aren’t always separate study rooms for children.
- The lack of a study room is not an issue, there is no need to worry about not having a study room.
- The child may sit and study wherever he wants, but not in the bedroom.
- It is not necessary to sit and study continuously in the same place.
- A child should choose for himself where to study during the day, whether it’s through a tree shade, on the porch of the house, or under the stairs.
- To give learning vitality and vigor, students should move between different study spaces and not sit at the same spot for long periods of time.
- In any case, the place should be well ventilated and well lit.
- Very nice if the atmosphere is a little quiet.
- If you’ve been sitting and studying for some time, you can walk for a while and then read.
- Studying continuously should also be avoided.
- Short breaks are definitely needed.
- The activities they can engage in during these breaks include games, friendly conversations, and plant care.
- Those who wish to listen to the song can do so.
- They will learn faster and more efficiently as each short break is followed by learning.
- The speed and efficiency will be much higher as they start learning after each short break.
- Make a study schedule and study in a well-ventilated room.
- To some extent, children can avoid exam fear if they keep all these things in mind.
Avoid these things in exam periods
- Do not spend time blaming others or yourself for your learning situation
- Avoid calling friends frequently and comparing.
- Avoid comparisons and unhealthy competition with others
- It’s good to be confident, however, the confidence to complete everything the day before the exam is not good.
- Procrastination must be replaced by learning the requirements of the exam in advance and preparing for it.
- For any reason, do not study on the bed in the bedroom.
- During exam periods, reduce phone, internet, and television usage.
- A state of excessive fear can leave one forgetting everything they’ve learned.
- Gaining self-confidence and avoiding unnecessary fears will help you cope with exam days.
Diet during exam time
- During the period of exams, children should follow a healthy diet.
- Special attention should be paid to diet.
- Taking care of this is the responsibility of parents.
- High fat and sweet bakery products should be avoided.
- It is important to eat breakfast – it can make or break your day.
- Breakfast should not be ignored for any reason.
- The diet should include plenty of milk, fruits, and vegetables.
- Nutritional value is related to learning outcomes, according to research.
- Near exam time, some children experience nausea and/or vomiting.
- This is mainly due to stress, exam anxiety, and lack of confidence.
- The lack of appetite is another problem.
- Make sure to eat on time, get enough sleep, and drink enough water.
- These things can help children avoid exam fear to some extent.
On exam days, pay attention to these things
- On exam days, there are a few things to remember.
- There is no need to rush. Avoid unnecessary haste.
- Prepare your bag in advance by having a hall ticket, pens, pencil, instrument box, and other necessary items.
- The parents should also make sure all of this is taken care of.
- Only after you have reached school can you take these out of the bag.
- If children are mindful of these things, they can reduce exam fear to some extent.
In the examination hall
- Three times, inhale and exhale gently.
- Relax your mind and pray calmly
- Read the question paper carefully
- In all public examinations, cool time is allowed.
- Take note of the best-known questions at this time.
- Don’t be bothered by unanswered and unfinished questions.
- Mark what you know to write first
- Don’t look around at what others are writing and be disturbed by it.
- Focus on the answer you are writing
- Before submitting the answer sheet, please read it again
- Be sure not to lose your peace of mind if you discuss your answers with others after leaving the examination hall.
- Each day’s exam shouldn’t be analyzed in great detail.
- Sometimes there will be reasons to be happy and sometimes there will be reasons to be sad.
- It may affect the next day’s exam.
- Therefore, students should focus on the upcoming exam, not the past one, and prepare accordingly.
- All of these things will help them to write a good public exam if they keep them in mind while writing the model exam.
- Examination fear can be reduced if all these factors are considered
Do not be afraid of exams
The exam period is approaching and the children are feeling stressed. There is a fear of exams among many children. There are times when they cannot write even what they know for the exam. But we have to change our approach to it and try to remember what we have learned and write the exam well without wasting time. For better results, we need to change the way we approach exams. The questions are prepared by teachers who know the children and the lesson well. They do not intend to hurt the children. There will be questions that children of all levels can answer. Children need the confidence to write well about what they know. We need to give our children the confidence to write well what they know. By remembering all of these factors, children can be a bit more protected from exam fear. wishing good luck to all the students who are taking the exam and pray for all students to do well in the exam.